
-
PSG eye becoming France's first 'Invincibles'
-
Late birdie burst lifts Ryder to Texas Open lead
-
Five potential Grand National fairytale endings
-
Trump purges national security team after meeting conspiracist
-
More work for McIlroy even with two wins before Masters
-
Trump hopeful of 'great' PGA-LIV golf merger
-
No.1 Scheffler goes for third Masters crown in four years
-
Where Trump's tariffs could hurt Americans' wallets
-
Trump says 'very close to a deal' on TikTok
-
Trump tariffs on Mexico: the good, the bad, the unknown
-
Postecoglou denies taunting Spurs fans in Chelsea defeat
-
Oscar-winning Palestinian director speaks at UN on Israeli settlements
-
With tariff war, Trump also reshapes how US treats allies
-
Fernandez fires Chelsea into fourth as pressure mounts on Postecoglou
-
South Korea court to decide impeached president's fate
-
Penguin memes take flight after Trump tariffs remote island
-
E.T., no home: Original model of movie alien doesn't sell at auction
-
Italy's Brignone has surgery on broken leg with Winter Olympics looming
-
Trump defiant as tariffs send world markets into panic
-
City officials vote to repair roof on home of MLB Rays
-
Rockets forward Brooks gets one-game NBA ban for technicals
-
Pentagon watchdog to probe defense chief over Signal chat row
-
US tariffs could push up inflation, slow growth: Fed official
-
New Bruce Springsteen music set for June 27 release
-
Tom Cruise pays tribute to Val Kilmer
-
Mexico president welcomes being left off Trump's tariffs list
-
Zuckerberg repeats Trump visits in bid to settle antitrust case
-
US fencer disqualified for not facing transgender rival
-
'Everyone worried' by Trump tariffs in France's champagne region
-
Italy's Brignone suffers broken leg with Winter Olympics looming
-
Iyer blitz powers Kolkata to big IPL win over Hyderabad
-
Russian soprano Netrebko to return to London's Royal Opera House
-
French creche worker gets 25 years for killing baby with drain cleaner
-
UK avoids worst US tariffs post-Brexit, but no celebrations
-
Canada imposing 25% tariff on some US auto imports
-
Ruud wants 'fair share' of Grand Slam revenue for players
-
Lesotho, Africa's 'kingdom in the sky' jolted by Trump
-
Trump's trade math baffles economists
-
Gaza heritage and destruction on display in Paris
-
'Unprecedented crisis' in Africa healthcare: report
-
Pogacar gunning for blood and thunder in Tour of Flanders
-
Macron calls for suspension of investment in US until tariffs clarified
-
Wall St leads rout as world reels from Trump tariffs
-
Mullins gets perfect National boost with remarkable four-timer
-
Trump tariffs hammer global stocks, dollar and oil
-
Authors hold London protest against Meta for 'stealing' work to train AI
-
Tate Modern gifted 'extraordinary' work by US artist Joan Mitchell
-
Mexico president welcomes being left off Trump's new tariffs list
-
Tonali eager to lead Newcastle back into Champions League
-
Lesotho hardest hit as new US tariffs rattle Africa

Mickelson says he does not 'condone human rights violations' on eve of new series
Phil Mickelson said Wednesday he does not condone human rights violations in Saudi Arabia, on the eve of the first tournament of the divisive LIV Golf Invitational Series near London funded by the Gulf kingdom.
The six-time major winner confirmed earlier this week he had signed up to play in the new series, saying he also plans to play major events, including next week's US Open.
Mickelson has not played since the publication of comments in February in which he criticised the US PGA Tour and LIV Golf's Saudi backers.
In an interview with author Alan Shipnuck, the 51-year-old American left-hander said LIV Golf was an opportunity to gain leverage over the PGA Tour.
However, Mickelson described the new venture's backers as "scary" with a "horrible record on human rights," noting the death of journalist Jamal Khashoggi in a Saudi consulate.
Saudi agents killed and dismembered Khashoggi, an insider turned critic, in the kingdom's Istanbul consulate in October 2018. His remains have never been found.
Fallout from the killing continues to mar Saudi Arabia's image, especially in the United States.
The 51-year-old Mickelson, who headlines a field of 48 players at the 54-hole LIV Golf Invitational London, which starts on Thursday, faced a grilling at an eve-of-tournament press conference.
The American, who entered the room wearing dark glasses, was asked what he meant by describing the Saudis as "scary".
"Certainly I have made, said and done a lot of things I regret and I'm sorry for that and for the hurt that it's caused a lot of people," he said.
"I don't condone human rights violations at all, nobody here does, any throughout the world, and I'm certainly aware of what has happened with Jamal Khashoggi and I think it's terrible.
"I've also seen the good that the game of golf has done throughout history and I believe that LIV Golf is going to do a lot of good for the game as well and I'm excited about this opportunity."
- PGA Tour warnings -
Players opting into LIV Golf have done so despite PGA Tour warnings of disciplinary action.
While a number of players have resigned from the Tour in order to compete in the LIV Golf events, including two-time major winner Dustin Johnson, Mickelson said he had no intention of following suit.
"I earned my lifetime membership and I don't want to give that up," he said. "I don't believe I should have to."
"I don't know what's going to happen, but I have earned that (lifetime membership) and I don't plan on just giving that up," added the American, a 45-time winner on the PGA Tour.
Mickelson refused to confirm or deny if he had been suspended, or currently was suspended, from the American Tour.
"I choose not to speak publicly on PGA Tour issues at this time," he said at the Centurion Club in St Albans, outside London.
He also declined to confirm if he is receiving $200 million to compete in the LIV Golf events, but his answer indicated that the reported amount could be accurate.
"I feel that contract agreements should be private," Mickelson said. "Doesn't seem to be the case, but it should be."
The new LIV series, which comprises eight tournaments this year, is bankrolled by Saudi Arabia's sovereign wealth fund.
Players will compete as individuals and teams for eye-watering purses of $25 million in all seven regular-season events, played over three rounds with no cut.
L.Miller--AMWN